Do you want to take part in building the best-performing trading desk? Do you want to develop yourself, take responsibility, and strive to be the best within your field?
We are looking to add two new colleagues to our ambitious trading team at Norlys Energy Trading. We are scaling up to the next level and are seeking the brightest minds to ensure we reach our goals.
About the position
As our new Gas Trader, you will have a lot of responsibility from day one. You will quickly be able to give input on the trading strategies and have an impact on the team’s performance. You will manage and build stakeholder relations and develop trading strategies. We offer a rare chance to join and take part in the creation of a top-performing trading team in a fast-growing company.
- Conduct daily trades on exchanges, auctions, and OTC markets across Europe.
- Optimise the value of the asset portfolio.
- Develop and implement trading and hedging strategies.
- Maintain a dialogue with counterparts including energy majors, investment banks, brokers and trading houses.
- Develop, test and implement new data-driven proprietary trading strategies.
- Take a proactive role in the development of the Gas Trading team.
- Join the day, evening and weekend shift rotations.
Skill set Requirements
- Master´s degree in a numerate discipline (Economics, Finance, Mathematical, Engineering, etc.).
- An analytical mindset.
- Preferably experience from the trading industry, but we are ready to invest substantially in the training and onboarding of the right talent.
- Preferably good coding/programming skills. (VBA, Python, C#).
- Good language skills, written and verbal in English is a requirement. German is a plus.
We work as a team depending on each other, so it is essential that you have strong interpersonal skills and see teamwork as a key to success. You challenge yourself as well as your surroundings and have a winning mentality. As a person, you are proactive and result-oriented and willing to go the extra mile to reach your goals. If this sounds like you, then you now have the ideal opportunity to become our next Gas Trader.
- An agile and entrepreneurial workplace where everyone wants to learn.
- Ambitious colleagues that will drive your personal development as much as their own.
- A team culture where all functions are value adding and acknowledged.
About Norlys Energy Trading
Norlys Energy Trading (NET) is a new and ambitious player on the international power and gas trading markets. We set out in August 2020 with a target of becoming a top-performing European trading house and are well on our way.
We are creating the energy trading platform of tomorrow and managing renewables efficiently throughout Europe. This is your opportunity to join a team of enthusiasts like yourself and to create an informal workplace with high ambitions for both automation, growth, and sustainability together.
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions please contact our Head of Gas Trading - Europe, Dennis Lind-Bruhn on email@example.com or phone +45 51 84 61 17.
Read more about Norlys Energy Trading A/S on our LinkedIn.