Business Developer to join us accelerating the green transition by envisioning and implementing renewable technologies as flexible assets in the new energy mix
At Norlys Energy Trading (NET) we are very passionate about increasing the amount of renewable assets in the energy mix. With company ownership from Norlys and Eurowind Energy, we are the link between generating green energy from wind and solar, and the energy consumers.
NET is an energy trading company specialising in both financial and physical energy markets, and we are expanding the foundation to offer balancing, optimisation and hedging services to energy producers and suppliers.
We are extremely digital, and our ambitions are sky-high – we want to be part of leading the power and gas trading markets across Europe and globally – and we want to do so with highly scalable solutions that automate our processes.
We are based in Aalborg, right in the middle of our field’s European Silicon Valley , and with our flat organisational structure, our employees’ empowerment and our need to challenge the limits of what is possible today, we succeed in finding the solutions of tomorrow’s energy system.
We have just about the most exciting, most relevant, and most complex field you can imagine. Energy cannot be stored, or so we have said for decades, but with new Power-to-X (PtX) technologies, using excess power from wind turbines and solar panels to create hydrogen, drive heat pumps for central heating, or pump compressed air kilometres underground, we are on the verge of solving tomorrow’s energy needs.
About the position
You will be part of our Business Development team, dedicated to building our business for asset management and optimisation of flexible assets.
They will not be your only close colleagues though. As a Business Developer at NET, you will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and executing tomorrow’s solutions, and that requires a bright mind, a passion for the field, and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
We are creating solutions for flexible renewable assets to bring new and existing technologies to the ever-changing power and ancillary service markets. At the same time, we are expanding our short-term trading and aiming to be fully automated in asset management and optimising asset value.
What can you expect from the team?
Asset management is a new business area at NET, but we are an experienced team and we are looking for a colleague with energy market experience to join our team. At NET we are passionate about the field and in just two years the company has grown to 160 people.
We are passionate about the energy future and the energy markets; we are eager to succeed as a team and we see ourselves as solution creators. We see the strength in a diverse team with different profiles and competencies, challenging the existing and designing the future of our business and as we have no legacy systems, we have a great possibility to do so. As a team we can work independently but working together is of high value to us as we believe the best solutions are designed by people sharing ideas and perspectives.
We are looking for a positive and energic business developer to join our team
- You are energetic, outgoing with strong interpersonal skills as you will be in contact with many stakeholders
- You can drive things forward as you will be responsible for tasks that require that you take initiative and follow up
- You are structured in your approach to your tasks, you can work on tasks that are highly complex, and you are curious to learn new things
- You are analytically strong, think strategically and can create a business case for a commercial opportunity that is given the support needed to succeed
- You are a team player and able to work on many different tasks at the same time
You will be responsible for:
- Leading the development of our flexible asset management business across geographical markets and various trading and balancing/ancillary service markets
- Insight into market design, regulation and making complexity understandable to stakeholders
- As a subject matter expert across the business area, you must be able to understand and combine the organisational capabilities e.g., origination, trading, risk management, back office, settlement, legal and software development, to develop and expand the business area
- Project management and implementation of business model, products, and operational requirements
- Stakeholder management and communication to internal and external stakeholders
We expect your qualifications to include:
- Commercial flair and a good understanding of the opportunities in the power markets and the associated risks
- Having a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience from similar position, or alternatively experience from renewable asset management, renewable energy investment or power trading
- Holding a relevant degree in engineering, finance, economics or similar
- Being fluent in English both in writing and verbally. Professional German is also a plus, but not a necessity
We can offer:
- An international environment with highly dedicated and friendly colleagues from 19+ different countries
- An exciting workday, where you actively embrace new possibilities and tasks
- A large degree of independence and influence on your daily tasks
- The opportunity to grow and educate yourself further during your employment
- An active staff association with many social activities during the year
- Flexible working hours, and a possibility to work from our offices in the heart of Aarhus and Copenhagen
We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you.
If you have any questions, please contact COO Naja Skovlyk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn about us on our LinkedIn.